The following is the normal process associated with applying as and being hired as a Police Officer for the City of Galveston Police Department.
- Register to take the scheduled Civil Service Exam by contacting the GPD Training Division or the City of Galveston Human Resources.
- Attend and PASS the Civil Service Exam
- Pass the Physical Agility Test which will be held on the same day as the Civil Service Test for those who pass
- Submit the Personal History Statement and required documents
- Background Investigation will commence
- Applicants MAY be subject to a Polygraph Exam if their background investigator feels that they have been deceptive during the Background Investigation
- Chiefs Interview / Conditional Offer of Employment
- Physical (Medical) Screening
- Psychological Evaluation
- Galveston PD In-service Academy
- Sworn in as a Galveston Police Officer