The following is the normal process associated with applying as and being hired as a Police Officer for the City of Galveston Police Department.
- Register to take the scheduled Civil Service Exam by completing the information on the “Civil Service Test Registration” page under the “Employment” drop down menu on the home page. If you have questions you may contact the City of Galveston Human Resources at 409-797-3650.
- Attend and PASS the Civil Service Exam
- Pass the Physical Agility Test which will be held on the same day as the Civil Service Test for those who pass
- Submit the Personal History Statement and required documents
- Background Investigation will commence
- Applicants MAY be subject to a Polygraph Exam if their background investigator feels that they have been deceptive during the Background Investigation
- Chiefs Interview / Conditional Offer of Employment
- Physical (Medical) Screening
- Psychological Evaluation
- Galveston PD In-service Academy
- Sworn in as a Galveston Police Officer