The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for a position as a Police Officer with the Galveston Police Department.
You MUST meet these requirements to apply!
Must be 21 years of age by swear in date
- Must not have reached their 45th birthday by the date of hire
High School Graduate OR attained GED AND 12 credit hours from an accredited college or university
Not prohibited by State or Federal law from operating a motor vehicle
Not prohibited by State or Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition
Good physical and mental condition
No felony convictions
- Has never been convicted of a Family Violence Offense
- Has never been convicted of a Class A Misdemenor
- Has not been convicted of a Class B Misdemenor in the last 10 years
- Has never been discharged from the Military under a less than honorable discharge